Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.
I’m a bit of a binge reader – I say I’m only going to read a few chapters before going to sleep… fast forward to a few hours later and I’m finished the book and it’s nearly time to wake up!
Here at the top ten books that I’d read all in one day:
1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins – When I started reading this book I had no idea what it was about. Somehow I’d managed to stay away from all the hype and all the spoilers. I was in for a shock. After I started reading I just couldn’t put it down until I finished. That night for dinner I had a bowl of cereal because I didn’t even want to pause to make something more substantial! Brilliant book. I recommend it to anyone who hasn’t read it yet.
2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling – I didn’t even wait till I left the store to start reading this one. Thankfully due to the Australian time zone when this book was released all around the world at exactly the same time (00.00 GMT) it was 9am here. So I got in the car and got my sister to come too so then when I was driving home from the store she could read it to me and I wouldn’t miss any time. I read this book ALL DAY! and finished it twelve hours later. It was worth it. 😉
3. Switched by Amanda Hocking – Last week I read this book. In one day. It wasn’t my intention but I just couldn’t help myself. After a rather slow start, I really needed (not a want but a need… ) to know what was going to happen. As all the drama happens in the last 20 pages, this one will have you hanging on all the way to the end.
4. Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris – I’m an Eric fan and this book is Eric at his best. Or his worst. Either way, the Eric-lover in me was hanging on to the end to see just how this one ended.
6. Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning – I wish I had read this one in one day. It took me nearly six months. What I needed to do was just get past the world building and plot setting and get into it. Had I just conquered this book and got into the guts of it I think I would have enjoyed it a lot more.
7. Lover Avenged by JR Ward – This book is one of my all time favourites. It’s my favourite book of my favourite series. My copy is over six hundred pages and I’ve never managed to quite read it in one day (although I’ve come close). I just love the story and the romance. It’s dark but sexy.
8. A Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole – I love werewolves. I love vampires. And I love a Scottish Highlander King. It’s not really surprising that I managed to read this book in one day and enjoyed every second of it.
9. The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling – I know I’ve already used the seventh book in the series but really, I could finish any one of them in one day. They’re all brilliant. I loved that I wasn’t expecting certain things that happened but it was all incredibly planned – nothing came completely out of the blue. You could tell that JKR put things in earlier books where they made sense but then they were used again at the end of the series and surprised me.
10. Bitten by Kelley Armstrong – I loved the world. And I loved the characters and I was on the edge of my chair wanting to know what was going to happen. One of my favourite Urban Fantasy novels that I’ve read so far.
Share with me what your Top Ten for this week are 🙂